Monday, November 7, 2016

Haverfordwest and the middle of nowhere

Ystdy I bused to Haverfordwest where I was changing buses and spending a few hours exploring. I found another castle, once again on the top of a hill, evil making me walk up hills with pack on really. Also saw a cool war memorial :) 

At the bus station while I was trying to work out what time my bus from Broad Haven would be leaving in the morning a nice local, Jeffery, came over and started chatting to me. After noticing my pack and puzzled look he asked where I was off to and when I said Broad Haven and then Tenby tomorrow he kindly told me that there are no buses on Sundays so I would be stranded in Broad Haven till Monday (evil mean google for telling me I could bus on a Sunday). I thanked Jeffery and then booked a hostel near Tenby (near being relative it turns out), and jumped on a different bus thankful I had been warned before I got stranded. 

The hostel, in Shrinkle aka the middle of nowhere, was about a mile from the nearest bus stop and about 8 miles from Tenby, but had amazing views. I got up early this morning to watch the sunrise (someone stole the sun last night so couldn't see the sunset), and it was so totally worth it. Even Missie didnt mind being woken up for it. I was going to walk to the Manorbier train station (a 3 mile-ish walk) this morning where there are a couple (literately two) trains that go past on a Sunday which would get me to Tenby but a kind lady offered me a lift as she was going to Tenby this morning anyhow. I was very grateful and thanked her for it, she said the only cost was I promise to give someone a lift one day which I happily agreed to. 

So now I'm chilling in Tenby with spectacular views, dodging the showers and waiting for the hotel to check in time so I can ditch my pack lol. But till then here are some pics of Haverfordwest and the middle of nowhere lol

Haverfordwest 


Cool war memorial

Haverfordwest Castle


Shrinkle aka middle of nowhere



Sunrise

No comments: