Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Goodbye Ireland, Hello Wales

After a very rough ferry crossing, rough enough that they closed the outside deck, as well as the shop and cafe on the ferry and all staff seemed to be on handing out paper towels and vomit bags and Missie kept falling over and even I spent most the trip staring at the horizon thinking ferrys should come with seatbelts, we made it to Holyhead in Wales. 

We checked in to our hotel for the night, had a lil sit down then went for a wander along the coast and through town. Holyhead is amazingly beautiful and the locals are all super friendly, if the rest of Wales is like this then I think I'm gonna love it. It was super windy and rather cold but we didn't mind cos the views were worth it. We even found a Missie sized Stonehenge so now don't gotta go to the other one hehe. We found signs for a Roman Fort and got super excited and then when we got there got disappointed and it was just the walls around a church as the fort, we were thinking it was gonna be a big proper fort like in kids playgrounds :( 

After our stroll we had a lil nap then planned our next few days travels using the road map the hotel owner kindly lent us, and advice from Eoin as to where he thinks we should go :) 

Had dinner at a lovely pub just down the road from the hotel, The South Stack, the meal was a lovely home cooked meal with proper homemade chips, so good :) the two ladies running the place were super friendly and welcoming to which was nice, had a good chat with them about where I had been and where I am going. Totally gets a massive thumbs up from me :)

I am now on the bus to Bangor (pronounced Banga) where I will spend a few hours then will head to Caernarfon (not sure how to say that one properly yet lol) for the night. When I asked the driver how much the fare was he said £3.20 and a smile, good fare I thought hehe :) 

View from room 

Pics from our wander







Roman Fort aka stone walls around a church


No comments: