Saturday, May 9, 2020

Level 3 Lockdown Day #12

Well my soul is feeling much better, and much happier, and nowhere as fragile as it was feeling.  No offense to Ken, he is a lovely man, however sometimes a girl needs more than just her boss, she needs her family.  And in this girls case she decided that she needed her parents.  The cracks were not only starting to show, but were getting larger and deeper by the day.  I know that travel in Level 3 is essential travel only, and this was essential.  For me to still be here, in the bubbly happy form you have all come to love, at the end of this lockdown drama there was an urgent need for parental love in-person, and many many hugs.  So on Thursday Cleo and I popped over to Mangakino, her for Bodecia and Febe’s company and me for mum and dad company and hugs.  And Glenny is chilling with Big Ted at the moment, he has said hi to Willis-E and Brown Bear as well (hey look Fishy, so many bears named and you still don’t feature :p).  
The driving over also helped mend my soul.  I don’t know about you but there is something about driving and good music cranked up that nothing can beat.  It doesn’t matter how good your stereo is, and I have had many dance parties at mine with my awesome stereo, there is something about the act of being on the move while singing at the top of your lungs with your bear chilling beside you that is just a basic human requirement, atlst it is for me.

It has been a lovely stay with mum and dad.  I have enjoyed not having to cook dinner, not even had to think about what to have for dinner.  I have very much enjoyed having someone to talk to in the evenings and the day, and even when it has been quiet (there has been a moment or two for those who don’t believe mum and I can have moments of not talking) it’s been nice knowing that there is someone else there, or someone to lean on while your on the couch reading or watching tv (Dad is a great person to lean on, if you didn’t know, but he’s mine, just saying).
            I worked a bit ystdy and today as I didn’t technically take leave for Friday, but just worked a bit more during the week and then was available by phone for if Ken needed me for anything.  Is quite handy being set up to work from home as does allow me to do things like this but it is still not as fun as working from work.
            Dad has pottered, like he is so good at doing.  And he has helped with the crosswords I brought over.  Sadly though, for most of them, his helping was in his handwriting so you can tell that I am not as smart as I would like to claim lol.  Mum’s helping was in my handwriting so I can take credit for her input hehe.

I am heading home tomorrow, although Ken said I could have longer off work if I wanted it is still nice having the routine of semi normal life going.  That and working from work is just plain easier than working from a distance.  Atlst I have fixed all the issues that cropped up while I was working from home, so if I ever have to again it should be a bit smoother.  Not that I am going to ever again but for the odd long wknd it is something I will keep in mind.

Went for a run today, and I just want to say there are way more hills in Mangakino that there are in Hastings.  There were parts of the run where I was rather stuffed and it was a hard slog, and yes I walked some parts but never for very long so I am pretty happy with my effort.  I saw some nice looking houses, some not so nice looking houses, some rather weird looking house, quite a few houses for sale, a couple caught my eye and I slowed a bit to have a good look hehe.  Also found the fire station, kindergarten (a very bright yellow, and not in a good way I don’t think), school, swimming pool, sports grounds, St John building (couldn’t see an ambulance in there tho), and made it to the lake.  It was a rather long route to the lake hehe but it was worth it.  Got quite a few waves from people either driving or chilling on their front porches which was cool.  Even managed to run up about 2/3 of the hill back from the lake so I was pretty happy with that.

No comments: