Monday, December 14, 2015

York Castle Museum

So after the City Wall and breakfast I headed to the Viking Museum which I'd been told I had to go to. Brudda you woulda loved it, me on the other hand was in and out pretty fast lol not really my kind of thing and def not enough interact stuff. Pretty sure Missie slept the whole time (walking a wall is tiring after all). 

We then headed to the Castle Museum, mostly to stay dry cos it was bucketing down, and I gotta admit this museum was surprisingly awesome (it's where Missie went to war, see an earlier post) and I coulda spent a lot longer here than I did, boo to having to catch a train lol. 

Toy Musuem part
It made me feel old to see a PlayStation in the museum :( 

Missie made some new friends :)

Then conquered a castle

We learnt some interesting stuff :) 

Then came the old part of the museum, didn't read the sign so dunno what era it was but there was a guy acting out A Christmas Carol so I'm going with it was that era :) 
Missie found a new career option

Then wanted to learn to ride a bike

She suggested some new accomodation for me...

But then decided a normal cell was enough, atlst she came and visited. 


We then headed over to the WWI section and had to walk very fast through the 1960s exhibit and the dungeons (we had spent to long in the other sections lol)

We are now chilling out in first class on the train home to Edinburgh :) 

Missie chilling at Dronfield Station

And enjoying the comfy first class seats

Pretty as snow around Durham :)


No comments: