Monday, December 14, 2015

York City Walls

So day two in York started with me waking before 8 so I could get out exploring early. I started with the City Wall, I know there is some history to go with this but I really just wanted to walk along the wall and be taller than other people and not put up with so many tourists lol. I managed to walk about 3/4 of it before realizing that I was gonna run out of time to do other things if I didn't get down from it :( 
I so coulda just kept walking it all day I think :) 

To start with Missie wouldn't get out of my pocket, she claimed it was cold and wet outside and that just having her head part out was enough. I eventually convinced her that getting out was worth it. We definitely have to go back and do it again cos at each entrance they have a metal sign that you can do a rubbing of to get a map of the city. 

Saw some cool sights of the city from up on the wall and saw some people running it which I obviously wanna go do now lol

York City Wall









One of the 'rubbing' signs

My dessert breakfast at El Paino (went after I walked the wall) 

No comments: