Saturday, December 12, 2015

Whitby

Ok so I'm in York having a coffee which is as good a time as any to share Whitby with you all. 

It is a cute lil coastal town in Yorkshire. It was pretty windy when I was there but I think in summer it would be very lovely. It is well known for its fish and chips and I found a place that did gf ones so I was stoked. Even better was that the fish was battered, normally gf means no batter which sucks. Anyhow it tasted incredible so I was very happy. 

Turns out most the stuff was shut for winter being its offseason but I still saw some stuff (just not the museums etc, but really I'm not missing much with those lol). The beach was lovely so was the views from the cliffs. One thing I read ppl travel to go and do are the 199 steps (really ppl, go climb Fanthams Peak, that would be a better use of step climbing lol). Thought I would walk down them (my accomodation was at the top so no need to walk up them) however I ended up on the wrong part and walked down the Donkey Track which is a gradient of 1:1

Then I spent the morning wandering around Whitby, went back to the beach and the Capt James Cook monument and also went to Pannett Park which was pretty good. Had Green Flag Status (throwing that in there cos I know what it means lol). Then got on a train to York :) 

Nice sunset on way to Whitby

Whitby War Memorial

Whitby at dusk

My dinner 

The Abbey

Friend I made on the Donkey Track

Whitby Beach

Missie pretending she's on a boat

Missie hanging with Capt. Cook

Whitby Beach from above

A gardener at Pannett Park

Part of a cool seated area in the Park

A random tree stump carving

Back on the train, resting before more exploring 

No comments: