Saturday, January 5, 2019

Visitors for New Years

Meant to get this up a few days ago but what can I say, I'm on holiday and feeling a bit lazy hehe. My friends Bridie and Alice came to stay over New Year's. We had lots of fun and did quite a bit of stuff really. This is the abridged version 😊

We went up Te Mata Peak, yes I know I go there lots but I like it so why not. Also it has nice tracks that are shaded if you don't want to go to the top and it's also close by. So yup I'll keep going and keep taking ppl there.
We also did a winery bike tour, I liked the biking and the wine tastings but personally prefer to not mix the two. Biking is exercise and fun, wine should be drunk while chilling lol. In saying that would recommend doing one if over here cos really is quite fun.
For New Year's evening we went to a free concert at the Sound Shell and the family fireworks cos they were earlier in the evening and meant we could wake up for the sunrise on New Years Day. Although there were a few more clouds than I would have liked we still got a good sunrise.
We went to the Open Air Cinema to see Mamma Mia 2 one of the nights, good movie, great venue.
Along with general exploring, sightseeing and some shopping the time flew by. Bridie and Alice also did Cape Kidnappers and went to see the gannets, I didn't go as my body doesn't walk on sand for the amount of time required without some loud protesting and brokenness. They really enjoyed it tho and one day I'll do the tractor ride version of it hehe.
Ps all the above may not be listed in the order we did it 😛

Open Air Cinema


Te Mata Peak



Winery Bike Tour






Sunrise 1st January 2019



Friends made while shopping lol



No comments: