Sunday, January 13, 2019

Wknd fun

Last wknd ma, pa and bro came to visit. Dad was only a slave for a bit of his time here, rest he was a visitor 😊 he even got out for dinner and to see a couple waterfalls hehe.

Ma and pa drove over on the Saturday as did brudda. Bro stayed Saturday night only while ma and pa stayed till Tuesday. Didn't do much on the Saturday afternoon but dad did some stuff for the house or yard, kept himself busy I think. We all went out for tea on Saturday night which was real nice. We went to Lone Star, always good food and lots of it there.

Sunday morning bro and pa and I went for a couple walks that I wanted to do but hadn't yet. The first was at White Pine Bush, very nice and not at all challenging. Some lovely nice photo areas though, and some annoyingly big trees that were rather difficult to get all of in a photo. The second walk was Tangoio Walkway to check out the two waterfalls. The first waterfall, Te Ana Falls, was pretty cool 😊 I even braved the not even close to warm water to get nearer the falls for a photo, so worth it once I could feel my feet again lol. The second falls, Tangoio Falls, was not worth the extra walk in my opinion (and dad and bros), super not cool. Maybe it would be better after some rain but then the track woulda been so muddy it wouldn't have been worth it anyhow.
The rest of Sunday was just chill and hanging out really, dad prob did more work cos he seems to like keeping busy, nothing at all to do with a maybe demanding dorta...

Not much happened for the rest of the week after mum and dad went home and this weekend has been a nice chilled out place to myself wknd. Today is my 6 month as a home owner anniversary and to celebrate Samara and her mum came for dinner. It was a very lovely evening. I also got bored earlier today and made myself a tablecloth 😊 Me, Missie and the boys tested it to make sure it worked. The boys think it works marvellously as Glenny finished first followed by Fishy while Missie and I seemed to keep finding every snake and took our time finishing. Think it's cos the snakes are purple and you know how much we like purple hehe.

Tomorrow I have a rostered day off, my team is trialling a 9 day fortnight at work to see if it will work as a possible option for the whole organisation. Next week is the first week of it. I get Monday off, then work 7.30-5 Tuesday-Friday, next Monday I work 7.30-4 then same as previous week for the rest of the week. And repeat. Explaining it to you guys cos the team decided (one day when I was not in the room) that I would do a blog about my days off, so instead of starting a new one gonna just add to this one, if I remember. Cannot guarantee anything interesting will be done on my days off but will be nice having 3 day wknds every second week 😊

White Pine Bush





Had never seen mushrooms growing on a tree branch before 

Te Ana Falls




Tangoio Falls


Sunrise from craft room other morning

Ensuring tablecloth works


No comments: