Friday, March 30, 2018

A chilled out day that included a wander

This morning I put on my walking shoes and along with Missie and Garth Brooks went for a wander round Napier.  The main purpose of this wander was to take photos of the seawalls I see when I walk to work or drive around but that during the normal working week or weekend have these irritating things called cars parked in the way of getting good photos.  I was happily correct in my assumption that today I would find less of these irritating things in the way and I got some good pics.  There were still the odd irritating car, and a very irritating container, in the way but overall much much better than normal.  The seawalls are murals painted by artists which represent issues around the ocean and sea life which are suffering due to the pollution that is around these days.  Some of them I really like and others I don't like so much, the ones I don't like so much didn't get photos taken.  There are over 40 in total and they do make for a good morning of exploring.

We also took photos of some other things that I have seen during my wanders but haven't gotten round to photographing, figured today was as good a day as any to do it :)


View from just up the road and round the corner from where I live

Walk through this small park on the way to and from work, do like the harp thing

This random lady is waving to the boy below, Samara pointed this out to me, I would still be thinking she was waving at nothing lol


Happy Easter from the random vase of flowers in the CBD

This is the lady of the sea or something

Hehe Napier does have some awesome signs, these two are almost as good as the ones The Pentland Hills have in Scotland


My pics of the Seawalls...















No comments: