Friday, June 19, 2015

National Museum of Scotland

Now this was a museum that I loved, there were lots of interactive parts to it and fun things for kids and big kids like me to do, thought of Dofus and Bro while doing most of them as well, you guys would like this place to :)

I had heaps of fun just wandering around, doing the interactive parts and reading the stuff on the interesting looking parts.  The only part I think they got wrong is that Aussie was in the country part with a section on its history and NZ was in the Pacific Island part with stuff about NZ with all the other Islands, and here I was thinking we were a country like Aussie :(

I am not sure which part I loved the most, it is probably between the music section (playing a massive xylophone and big drums has a certain appeal that results in a big kid grin hehe) or the trying to run faster than a Cheetah (turns out I can't but I can run faster than Hippo, Elephant, Black Mamba (though they don't run they slither), Roadrunner, Crocodile, Bandicoot and a Rat).  It is not very accurate how they test this running fast than but it was still fun (you cycle not run lol and so wrong cos apparently I can go 33.3km/h).  I also found out that I am not as heavy as a chimpanzee :( I am as heavy as a Giant Anteater though, I know who woulda guessed :p

I also discovered I find it creepy to see how a cockroach does, maybe it was just the thought of cockroaches themselves that creeped me out.  One creature I wish I didn't know about is the Giant Spider Crab, ewww to them, they have a leg span of nearly 4 meters, so wrong and hope I never meet one.

There was also an Extinction Wall of Honour which I found rather moving, there are so many animals on it and the years that they became extinct, some have been quite recent which kinda shocked me.

Turns out I am rather good at reintroducing wolves to the Highlands, there was a game where you got to add wolves back into the Highlands to control the deer population.  You get to pick how many wolves and where you want them and the game/challenge spans 10 years and there are a few things that crop up during the time that you have to say yay or nay to.  Haha I won all the challenges cept the Eco-something-or-other one cos I let the local duck hunters build a hut to shoot and watch from and I think I was meant to say no to them.  Oh well Uncle Frank would be happy and that is all that counts hehe.  I won the tree growing, the keeping deer under control and the citizens loving me and a couple other ones :) woot woot :)

By the time I got to the Scottish history side of the museum I was pretty bored so semi headed straight to the roof terrace.  I say semi headed as I stopped along the way to attempt to knock down a brick wall (but made of foam) with a catapult along the way, I did not succeed.  Then I found the Sports History area and I did a quiz on the Scottish sporting history from forever ago till now (like the 1900's forever ago) and I got 63%, damn straight I know my Scottish sporting history lol.

The roof terrace was real cool, you could see the whole city from up there.  Took some photos and most are all semi crocked, beginning to think that when I was told I see on an angle at one of the random 'experiment' things I did at uni for money that they might have been right lol.  The lift up there (dumb place cos you can walk to all the levels but the roof terrace) is the slowest lift in the history of all lifts I've been in, but it did mean I got quite a good chat in with a rather nice looking Scotsman within the space of one floor hehe.


Creepy Giant Spider Crab

SAL Bulldog - just randomly in-between floors hehe :)


Castle from the roof terrace


Castle taken the other day from George Street



Just some other cool, old buildings from roof terrace

No comments: