Friday, December 9, 2022

A surprise contestant in the HBGFF&CA

Our book group (the library one) went out for our Christmas dinner the other night and this is where the surprise contestant comes into the HBGFF&CA.  We went to The Loading Ramp which is a pub in Havelock North, and on their website is no menu and when you get there the menu doesn't list what is gluten free and what isn't so I had to go and ask, oh the effort I go to sometimes lol.  I was super tempted by the pizzas they had on offer, but then I thought hmmm prob won't be back here so why not get the gf fish and chips and add to the adventure, after all that is what it is all about really :)

So the gf fish and chips I got, and once again too much salad in my opinion.  Did I eat it all this time?  Ummm no cos Julie offered me a piece of her gf pizza pork belly pizza and pizza totally wins over salad every time :D hehe.  The fish was dry and meh, but the chips... oh wow the chips.  No idea what they did to them but Julie, Michelle and I all agreed they were next level and possibly magical.  So very delicious.  And there was a nice huge helping of them so def can't complain about that :)

Everyone agreed that the food was good and rather generous portions for us all.  There were a few doggy bags taken home, never a bad sign I don't think.  Though the service did leave something to be desired, Mya did have to go and tell them we were ready to order when they still hadn't come back and some of our drinks were almost gone.  We had also had to go and ask for a drinks menu as didn't get one at the table.  The lighting was rather dark, I think it was meant to be moody or atmospheric or something but it didn't really work for us.

Score time (remember all are out of 5, total out of 15):
Presentation and Service - 2 (sorry Loading Ramp)
Atmosphere and Drink Selection - 2 (sorry again)
Taste and Quantity - 4 (pretty purely on chips alone lol)
Total - 8

No comments: