Wednesday, May 20, 2015

I've arrived, let the adventures begin :)

I have landed safely in the UK and made it to my friend Zan's place. It was a lovely drive through the Peak District to get there although there were no peaks by NZ standards just some hills haha Zan did warn me before we started the drive but I still expected to see some bigger hills. 

The flights were long (as expected) but in my last flight I was sitting next to a planner and thanks to Bridie I could hold a pretty good conversation with her lol. She's from Aussie but now lives in Wales working for a Council there. I think the last flight was the longest, in part cos I was ready to be there already and partly cos the GF meals weren't 100% GF so I was feeling pretty crappy. Not even sleeping could make me feel better :( dumb airlines. 

I am definitely considering coming home the old school way when the time comes. Atlst on a boat you can have a room and chill out and go for a wander, ok so it might take a few days (lots of few days really) longer but I think you'd be more relaxed and happy when you arrived. 

I am just spending today chilling out, currently reading my book on the couch, was reading it in bed before that and before that sleeping hehe. Tomorrow I might explore Dronfield (where I am staying) a bit, Noel has loaned me a map so I don't get lost. Zan has Thursday and Friday off so we can explore as well, plan is to go to Manchester on Thursday to check it out and there is a cafe there that has just opened and is being run by someone who is celiac so I can eat almost everything :) def looking forward to that. On Saturday we are hoping Noel will take us for a walk in the Peak District, he is training to be a volunteer ranger so knows the best walks. It is also the final of Eurovison on Saturday so we are having a BBQ and some drinks (drinking makes it better I understand lol).

Zan got me some bread and breakfast cereal and I am amazed by how yum it is. Sorry NZ but you are way behind the UK and I've only been here half a day. The GF bread here is soft and not stale :) so yum. Had my first peanut butter sandwich in years, no toasting of the bread required. The cereal was also super tasty :) and there is a takeaway pizza place here I can't wait to try that has been approved by Celiac UK as they make the GF pizzas in a separate area with a separate oven so no cross contamination like in NZ. 

I have vaguely started the job hunt but not really, found a website that is the Scottish version of Seek basically, cept this one also does online dating as well as jobs lol. Gotta love that they have combined the two :) oh and I can buy a house through them as well, maybe thats for when the job hunt and dating have worked out ok hehe

No comments: