Wednesday, March 15, 2023

Baking Brownies

I realised that over a year ago I said I was going to make and review WI (Women's Institute) recipes from the Home & Country magazine and while I have been making some I haven't been putting them up here... whoops.  Pretty sure none of you missed them though so that's all good lol.  In the wknd I made the Brownie that is in the latest Home & Garden though so thought I would review it for you all, then that will make 2 recipes, which is almost a thing lol.

The Brownie was super easy to make, like even easier than I was expecting easy.  Pretty much a mix all together, dump in a tin and bake, then enjoy eating lol.  The recipe was for a non-gf version but I just swapped out the flour etc to gf and it was all good.  Would say it was a bit crumbly but that is normal for gf baking so wasn't really worried.  And it just means that you get it eat it with a cake fork which is awesome hehe.  And it tastes real good, well so long as you like brownie it does nom nom.

My negatives with the recipe is that it uses 4 eggs which is all I had and so I am now out of eggs :( mostly cos I don't like going to stupidmarkets (they just take more money than I want to give them) so aint got any more yet lol.  It also makes quite a lot of brownie, so have frozen half, with fingers crossed it freezes well though I can't see why it wouldn't.  Spose neither of those are really negatives are they... lol.

The Recipe...

Brownie:
200g melted butter
4 beaten eggs
2 cups sugar (I used brown sugar)
2 cups flour
2 tsp baking powder
8 Tbsp cocoa
1 packet chocolate melts

Combine wet and dry ingredients.  Press into lined 20x30cm tin.  Bake at 180C for 35 mins.  Leave to cool and sprinkle with icing sugar.
Note:  I didn't do the icing sugar part, as you will notice in the photos lol

Actually pretty tidy baking for me lol, and about to go into the oven

nom nom enjoying it time xxx



No comments: