Sunday, March 21, 2021

Christchurch - days 1-3

So we have been in Chch since Thursday evening (it's not counted as a day cos we didn't do anything other than find food and learn that our rental car turns corners very well), we are staying at Camelot and it is lovely.  We have a very spacious unit thing, I am up in the loft area which is great, and mum is downstairs.  I do think I need to find a way to get a loft in my next house.... somehow..... 

On Friday we went to Christchurch Helicopters so I could go for my first ever (but def not my last if I have any say in it) helicopter flight. This was meant to be done last year in Tassie but we never got over there, for some reason, the reason is currently escaping my mind but I'm sure it was a good one lol.  It was BRILLIANT (look at that, it was so good I didn't even use the word awesome hehe).  So amazing, and so cool seeing everything from above but not so high like planes go.  The copter didn't go very fast, well it didn't feel like it did but I'm sure it went fast than I thought it did... I can also say I am not a fan of 4 point seatbelts, I mean I don't even like normal car ones so adding in another strap wasn't ever gonna make me happy happy, but it was worth it to be able to sit in the front.

Then we went to Dressmart, cos we could.  We barely spent anything though, the shops were a bit blah overall.  Except for the Chuck Taylor's shop, that one was real good.  Got me two new pairs (they are shoes for all you confused ppl), and not only was one pair on special it was also on 50% off woot woot, so I basically saved money by buying them hehe.

Saturday we went to New Brighton, I fell in love with the library there, it was so well set out and super cosy feeling.  Also loved the pier, the market was only so-so though and that is what we technically went for.  We would have gone anyhow but we went ystdy cos of the market.  Am a total grown up (stop laughing, I am) cos all I got at the market was a dusting mitt lol.  We then drove out to Lyttleton much to the annoyance of Ben (Mum's GPS thing) who kept telling us to take the next right then turn right, or to do a u-turn, or to turn left then left lol.  We didn't reset him from New Brighton so he was trying to take us back there.  Turns out robots aren't smart at all lol.

Today we went to the Airforce Museum, which is still as cool as it was when bro and I went all those years ago.  This time they also had a POW area, and I got caught and became a POW, but don't fret I found the secret passageway and I escaped YAY :D 

We then went for a drive to Mayfield to check out Overflow which is a big secondhand shop.  It was amazing!! If I lived closer I think I would spend a bit of money there, but sadly we are flying home so we saved our pennies.  We wandered down the road from there to Panthers Rock for lunch and I just wanna say they are awesome for celiacs <3 They talked me through the menu and what I could eat and couldn't eat, and then said if there wasn't anything on there I wanted they would be happy to create me a made to order meal, so kind of them,  I had the roast of the day though and it was yum yum yum.

We then drove back to Chch via the Inland Scenic Route which was much nicer than the straight boring roads on the plains, just saying.  We had a couple photo stops along the Rakaia Gorge, other than that it was just a nice trip back to our accomodation. A very nice day :)

Tomorrow we are planning to go and check out Hagley Park, I am sure that they will have a big as statue of Nastle there for his 222...... surely...... lol.  And yes, every time we go through his old suburb I say 'Hi Nastle' just in case he is still there and hears me hehe.  Anyhow I know you are just wanting the photos so here you go, some photos for you :)


Christchurch Helicopters






New Brighton Pier





Random cool as tree at New Brighton Pier



Airforce Museum





Rakaia Gorge



No comments: