Saturday, September 14, 2019

Palmy through JBs lens

So I'm in Palmerston North this weekend for a CAMA Hui (Community Access Media Alliance Conference), yes work in the weekend but its fun meeting and getting to know all the other Access Station people.  I can say that they are all lovely and friendly people, and we are having a good time chatting and discussing stuff that we find is going well or brainstorming things that we struggle with and generally having a blast getting to know each other.  When I turned up ystdy turns out most of them know who I am from the videos we do on Facebook and Twitter, which did mean I didn't get told everyone's names but atlst they all were super welcoming.  Lol Jo from Planet FM (Auckland) was positive we had met before cos she has seen so many of the videos that she felt like she knew me already :)

I have found the time to wander round Palmy like a tourist with the main purpose to take pics and my aim with the wandering was to see the city as a newbie, not as someone who only comes here to shop and doesn't pay attention to the beautiful stuff around the place.  As per normal when a steeple can be seen in the distance my feet inevitably take me there, and I am never disappointed with the church under the steeple, though sometimes I am disappointed that the camera won't take a photo that does it justice.  Anyhow, below are photos from around Palmy, things that have captured my interest or intrigued me, or just made me stop and go woah cool :) some have captions/explanations, some don't, and yes I know that they are even grouped by location but tough, I am sure you will survive hehe.  

And here they are in no particular order....





Mum if you had just stayed at BNZ you coulda got yourself a camper :p lol

We went to Shed 23 last night for a meet and greet, it had a room with heaps of instruments that are to be played not just looked at.  Turns out I'm still horribly unmusical but I had fun, and many laughs :)








This is the street outside the hotel I'm staying at, so cool






If you saw this on the street, would you hopscotch it or just walk past?  I hopscotched both, of course :)



A very cool lady's toilet sign







This sign made me think of you Aunty Robyn :) no frogs were parked here though :( lol




Just liked this randomly placed small tree lol

No comments: