Thursday, March 26, 2020

Lockdown Day #1

So I thought I would keep a blog diary type thing for the duration of lockdown.  Not because I think anything exciting is going to happen but because I think in a few year’s time when this time becomes but a distant memory I will wonder what I did and felt during this period and what better way to keep a record than on my blog.  I do not anticipate me writing something every day, probably more like every few days, but hey you never know, I may just be bored enough or do random enough things each day that they need to be noted.

Today is technically day one of lockdown, I was at home ystdy as well as out of the two of us at work my immune system is the more sketchy one so I am at home.  Although being an essential service we could both be at work, if only someone’s immune system didn’t let them catch pretty much every cold and bug out there, or that is how it feels anyhow.

One thing I have already noticed is that working from home you get more work done in a shorter period of time as there are less distractions, however because there are less distractions the day goes so much slower.  So not fair that one.  The one time I would like time to go a bit faster and it doesn’t.  I wonder if it will get better down the track when I get a bit of the routine going, or if it will stay just as slow, or shudder the thought will time go even slower when the novelty wears off.  I can tell you now there is not much novelty to working alone with no company.  Not that I would like to be stuck here with someone else, that would probably be more annoying given a week’s time, but to not have anyone to talk to seems strange.  I will be going into work once or twice a week to have an in-person catch up with Ken, ah the moments to look forward to lol.  Ken is dropping off a letter on his way home today which says that I work in an essential service so am allowed to be out and about, just in case I get questioned when I am going into work next week. 

Other than work, today I have also watched Bathurst 2015, managed to watch this and work, mostly cos although I can’t remember what happened I did know that someone wins…. No idea who, but I wasn’t too bothered because it’s one of this been and done things.  I have also rearranged my lounge.  Now some of you may be thinking ‘but JB your lounge was a pretty close to perfect set-up, why change it’, and I would answer that there are two main reasons why I would.  Firstly how do you know it can’t be better unless you try something new… and secondly, I was bored! And my bdrm has already been rearranged due to removing everything out of it to paint it in the wknd.  Can’t rearrange the spare room yet because I am not bored enough to tidy it first.  When I get that bored then watch this space lol.

Also went for a run today.  I think I may be a runner at heart, not necessarily a good thing as it is hard on the body, however it is the only form of exercise I miss when I don’t do it for a whil, and it is also the only form of exercise (other than walking) that I stick with for longer than the novelty period.  I am definitely not a long-distance runner any more, or atlst not at the moment.  Managed 3.3km today without stopping, and no it was not a fast 3.3km either.  But so long as I don’t compare it with my running days when I would go for a 16km run for fun then it’s all good.  On a bonus note it leaves much more reading time if you are only running 3.3km instead of 16km lol. 

I am also very pleased to say that although I know I have quite a few friends, I was not aware how many of them would check in with me (via text of course) to make sure I was going to be ok on my own and to offer that I could call them whenever I wanted if I want to speak to another human.  It is a very nice feeling, knowing that there are people out there with their own family stuff going on and what not, that are thinking about those that they know that are on their own for 4 weeks.  

I do have my bears and trolls to keep me company.  Not sure how awesome any of them will be at keeping me sane but hey, we cannot expect miracles all the time lol.  Glenny has already said I cannot delegate work to him, but we will see about that.  He may also just get bored enough or sick of me enough to give it ago before this ends lol.  Not like he could do any major damage, other than take the station off air of course…. So maybe not the smartest idea to delegate to him….  

Look at that, another 100 words and I would have written 1,000 words all about day one, maybe this lockdown business will make a writer out of me, now stop laughing!! People self-publish all the time and they have worse English skills than me so it could happen… maybe….. I know, it’s a total long shot but sometimes those have to be considered so that you know that what you have is actually exactly what you need. Haha I think I would hate to be a writer, much prefer the reading of other people’s writing efforts, plus I don’t think I really want people to read and review the characters and places dreamed up in my head lol.  Wahoo, over 1,000 words, go me lol.

No comments: