Thursday, March 7, 2019

Spose I'm due another update, so here you go :)

So prob about time I gave you an update about stuff. I don't feel like I've done much or been that busy but spose some of you might be wondering how my new job is going...

It's going good, thanks for asking 😊 am really enjoying it and am getting the day to day stuff down. Its the random stuff that could prove to be more stressful especially as most of it Chris (who is training me and retiring) can't cause or create to test me. Am sure I'll figure it out with time, and he has said even he gets stumped sometimes and he's been there for over 13 years. Last week I did the weather for the first time, and got it wrong, silly metservice 🤦🏻‍♀️ lol I listened to me and hung my wash out, cos weather lady said it was gonna be fine, and then it drizzled and made my almost dry wash damp again, boo lol. Have also done some editing and ystdy I panelled my first show. Panelling is recording a show and keeping the levels even and not distorting and keeping it to time, this is not as easy as it may sound as people have a tendacy to be louder when excited or passionate so you have to keep a constant eye on the levels. Some people also have a tendacy to rock back and forth so sometimes are quieter than others. And as we start recording before what will be the start of the show we have to know what recorded time will be the end of the show so can give the 5min warning and 2min warning. While doing all this you are also making notes of what times any coughs, umms, stumbles, long pauses etc are so when you edit you don't have to listen to the whole thing again. Lots of fun 😊

Got to visit the transmitters last week, and even got to climb the FM one 😄 (the AM one ain't up a hill so it's not as exciting). Climbing it was super fun, even tho it was very windy and I thought I was gonna be blown off. Its on Mt Threave, Hylton (he's one of the experts we can call and he owns the transmitters and areas around them) drove us up, it's a decent distance over/up farmland, I wouldn't want to walk it if didn't have to. When we got up there Hylton explained how everything worked and what did what, and also which receiver was ours. Then he asked if we wanted to climb it, I totally said yes, of course 😊

Mt Threave pics


These huts contain all the stuff that is needed to get stations on the air


Just chilling up the transmitter :) 

Looking up from the very bottom

No comments: