Friday, January 1, 2021

2020 in books

I was wondering how best to do my 2020 summary, there was a lot that went on after all, and ended up deciding to do it in books, cos why not.  So obviously the below is for all of 2020, and the pie graph is thanks to Aunty Pam for asking for another one (first one appeared in a back issue of the JB Times).

Total books read - 70
Total pages read - 23,641
Shortest book - 70 pages (The Perfect Shadow by Brent Weeks, a novella)
Longest book - 768 pages (The Fireman by Joe Hill)
Signed books received - 3 (one from a book launch, one from winning an international competition (yes I am still sometimes lucky) and one cos I know the author)
New authors discovered and now love - many
Most popular genre read - Fantasy (duh)
Surprise second place genre - Non-Fiction (didn't expect that one)
Books bought but not read yet - 40 (whoops, my eyes in bookstores are bigger than my free time lol)

My overall reading habits of 2020 based on genre :)


No comments: