Thursday, February 20, 2020

Marathon In A Month Challenge

I have signed up to do the Marathon In A Month Challenge in March.  As part of the challenge, not only do I have to walk the distance of a marathon in one month, I also get to fundraise for the HB Cancer Society which I am stoked to do as they are a great organisation and rely on donations to keep going. 

Now some of you may be sitting there reading this and thinking, Jill you used to run half marathons, where is the challenge in walking a full one over a month.  Well nowadays it is a challenge to do this distance, many days I struggle to walk the 2kms I have to walk to get to work, and I either end up walking rather slow, or I take Cleo.  As some of you are aware I was recently diagnosed with fibromyalgia (lol am slowly learning how to spell it as well), and this affects energy levels and pain levels.  I am hoping that by doing this challenge I become motivated to make the most of the days that I have some energy, even just a small amount, and get out there a bit more.  And on the days when I have none, well then I will just make an effort on another day.  The pain can be walked through (if I have to, it can be done) but the energy cannot be magiced up, I have tried many times and if it is not there it is not there.

If you would like to donate please head to my fundraising page:
https://miamhb2020.everydayhero.com/nz/jilly-nz
Any amount, big or small, is appreciated :)

And feel free to check in and see how I am going as March gets along, I do like moral support so hit me up on social media or by text/email etc, I would love to hear from you.

No comments: